Allstat is a UK-based worldwide e-mail broadcast system for the statistical community, Allstat began as an initiative of David Kerridge in Aberdeen in the late 1980's and then transferred to a national teaching project (CTI) in the Department of Statistics in the University of Glasgow. Ever since then, the CTI project and its successors (LTSN, HEA) in Glasgow have sponsored the list with a modest degree of funding for administration. With the withdrawal of HEA funding to subject centres, this arrangement has now ended. The RSS Centre for Statistical Education, based in Plymouth, will now take responsibility for the list.
Broadly speaking, any messages relevant to statistics are welcome, although bear in mind the many other statistical lists which exist.
Very briefly, the key points to remember are:
- use meaningful subject lines, with keywords (e.g. CONFERENCE, JOB)
- send plain text only (no HTML, PostScript, Word or encoded files)
- send text in the body of your message; no attachments
- no commercial advertising (however job notices and conference announcements are permitted)
- if seeking a reply, include your e-mail address in the body of your message (or in a text signature file)
- if replying, reply to the sender and not to the list
If you need to get in touch with the list owner you can e-mail email@example.com
Allstat is hosted by JISCMail.